5 Procedures to Improve Your Smile in 2019
The field of dentistry has grown and seen advancements over the years and it is now much more than just being all about oral health, that is healthy gums and teeth. This is because it became clear that our teeth and gums play a much bigger role than the one they do when it comes to nutrition; that is chewing. The role they play as far as our confidence and self-esteem when it comes to smiling could no longer be overlooked. It also became apparent that there are certain professions and career paths that were highly reliant on oral aesthetics. This is where the whole concept of cosmetic dentistry came in, which as is covered in detail by the gurus over at vitadentalspring.com, is the branch of dentistry that specializes in enhancing one’s smile while still looking to maintain one’s good oral health. While the primary focus of the field of dentistry remains treating and preventing oral complications as well as helping maintain good oral health, cosmetic dentistry also has an important role to play especially in 2019. This article should therefore be of great help to anyone out there who is looking for a procedure out there that should help them improve their smile as it will look to highlight 5 procedures that should enable one achieve exactly that in 2019.
- One procedure that we can’t fail to mention as far as procedures that will help improve one’s smile are concerned is teeth whitening. It is no exaggeration to say that stained teeth do not make for a pretty picture as far as one’s smile is concerned and as such teeth whitening procedures have become increasingly popular and it is one you should definitely consider getting in 2019 if you are looking to improve your smile. One of the reasons that should make you definitely consider getting this procedure done is that is pretty simple and straightforward as it only includes a thorough cleaning of your gums and teeth to free them from plaque with a whitening solution added afterwards to crown the whole thing. You should ensure you get this done by or under the supervision of a dentist, such as the experts over at vitadentalspring.com, and should stay away from over-the-counter teeth whitening products.
- Apart from stained teeth, another thing that could make your smile unappealing are missing teeth. There are a number of options out there that could help you replace any missing teeth but none of them will help you improve your smile better than dental implants. Dental implants basically involve surgery where a titanium screw is placed into your jaw bone, to act as the root of your implant, and once it is properly in place, a crown will be fixed onto it. Dental implants are not only permanent solutions to missing teeth, the fact that they resemble your other natural teeth makes them a great procedure to have if you have missing teeth and are looking to improve your smile. With dental implants, people will never be able to tell that you had one as the implants will blend in with your natural teeth making this another great procedure to have if you are looking to improve your smile in 2019.
- Another great procedure you should consider having if you are looking to enhance your smile in 2019 is gum reshaping. As is explained by the experts over at vitadentalspring.com, most people forget that gums play an important role as far as our smiles are concerned just like our teeth. This procedure, which is also known as gum contouring, tissue sculpting or gingival contouring, should therefore come in handy. Gum reshaping can also be required for medical reasons as is the case with gum recession, but it is mostly done for cosmetic reasons. As is the case with dental implants, it is a surgical procedure that involves the reshaping of uneven gums although the it may be necessary to reshape underlying bone as well depending on the structure of one’s teeth. Once recovery is done, the results will be well shaped gums that will definitely enhance your smile.
- Yet another procedure you should consider getting done in 2019 to improve your smile are dental veneers. This is a great option for those folks who have chipped, misaligned or irregular shaped teeth as well as those looking to adjust their teeth spacing. They are very thin custom made shells, usually made from resin or porcelain, that will cover the tooth or teeth of interest. They are also usually dyed to resemble your other natural teeth and as such ensure that your smile is definitely improved. This is another great procedure you should consider getting in 2019 to improve your smile.
- Another procedure you should consider getting in 2019 to help improve your smile is dental bonding. This procedure also helps repair decayed or chipped teeth as well as helping close gaps as well as helping shape teeth as is covered in detail over at vitadentalspring.com. The way this procedure works is that a durable plastic resin is applied to the tooth of interest from where a special light is used to harden and bond the resin, shaping it to match neighboring teeth. It is a quicker and less expensive alternative to dental veneers and is one worth trying out.
The above are 5 of the procedures you really should look at getting done if you are looking to improve your smile in 2019, with vitadentalspring.com being the one place you can head to and get any of them done.